- pollution of the water in rivers and lakes
- The addition of sewage, industrial wastes, or other harmful or objectionable material to water in concentrations or in sufficient quantities to result in measurable degradation of water quality.
- Introduction of foreign substances to a water source, either toxic to life forms or creating an oxygen demand, depriving indigenous life forms of oxygen and resulting in their death.
- A file format that provides an electronic image of text or text and graphics that looks like a printed document and can be viewed, printed, and electronically transmitted
- Portable Document Format (uncountable) A standard for representing electronic documents, allowing them to be transmitted and reproduced accurately.
- Portable Document Format (PDF) is an open standard for document exchange. The file format created by Adobe Systems in 1993 is used for representing two-dimensional documents in a manner independent of the application software, hardware, and operating system.Adobe Systems Incorporated, , p. 33.
- Peptide deformylase, mitochondrial is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the PDF gene.
water pollution pdf – Water and
San Jose/Santa Clara Water Pollution Control Plant
The San Jose/Santa Clara Water Pollution Control Plant is one of the largest advanced wastewater treatment facilities in California. It treats and cleans the wastewater of over 1,500,000 people that live and work in the 300-square mile area encompassing San Jose, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, and Monte Sereno.
The Water Pollution Control Plant has the capacity to treat 167,000,000 gallons of wastewater per day. It is located in Alviso, at the southernmost tip of the San Francisco Bay. Originally constructed in 1956, the Plant had the capacity to treat 36,000,000 gallons of water per day and only provided primary treatment. In 1964, the Plant added a secondary treatment process to its system. In 1979, the Plant upgraded its wastewater treatment process to an advanced, tertiary system.
Most of the final treated water from the San Jose/Santa Clara Water Pollution Control Plant is discharged as fresh water through Artesian Slough and into South San Francisco Bay. About 10% is recycled through South Bay Water Recycling pipelines for landscaping, agricultural irrigation, and industrial needs around the South Bay.
Water Pollution – Oil Spill
This poster was made for my Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibit back in December of 2008 at the University of Miami.
The purpose of my exhibit was to bring awareness to the dangers and problems that we face in this world as Water Pollution. Ironically this was done way before the massive oil spill taking place right now in the Gulf.
Please under any circumstances do NOT take and claim as your own. It took me a long time to create this myself. Thank you.
water pollution pdf